from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the adenoids.
- adj. Suggestive of the vocal sound caused by abnormally enlarged adenoids: a singer with an adenoidal voice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the adenoids
- adj. Sounding as if the speaker had swollen adenoids
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling glands; having the appearance of a gland; adenoid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sounding as if the nose were pinched
- adj. of or pertaining to the adenoids
Sorry, no etymologies found.