from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of theology having to do with angels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of angels. Angels have been grouped into nine categories, from lowest to highest: angel, virtue, archangel, power, principality, dominion, throne, cherub, and seraph.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A discourse on angels, or a body of doctrines in regard to angels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of angels; that portion of theology which treats of angelic beings; a discourse on angels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of theology that is concerned with angels
Angel + -ology (Wiktionary)