from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice and doctrines of voodoo.
- n. The practice of sorcery or witchcraft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A religious cult, from Haiti, involving witchcraft and sorcery.
- n. Any voodoo practice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A degraded form of superstition and sorcery, said to include human sacrifices and cannibalism in some of its rites. It is prevalent among the negroes of Haiti, and to some extent in the United States, and is regarded as a relic of African barbarism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The voodoo superstitions and practices.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a religious cult practiced chiefly in Caribbean countries (especially Haiti); involves witchcraft and animistic deities
Sorry, no etymologies found.