from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive sexual desire.
- n. Psychiatry A delusional, romantic preoccupation with a stranger, often a public figure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a disorder in which a person has a delusion of a romantic relationship with another person
- n. excessive sexual inclination or desire
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, mental alienation or melancholy caused by love; love-sickness.
Greek erōtomaniā : erōs, erōt-, sexual love + -maniā, -mania.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἐρωτικός (erōtikos, "related to love"), which is from ἔρως (erōs, "passionate or sexual love"); eroto- + -mania. (Wiktionary)