from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A medicine that expels intestinal worms.
- adj. Causing expulsion of intestinal worms; anthelmintic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to something that acts as a drug to cause expulsion or death of intestinal worms.
- n. A drug that causes the expulsion or death of intestinal worms, such as tapeworms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A medicine or substance that expels worms from animal bodies; an anthelmintic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A remedy employed to effect the dislodgment and expulsion of intestinal worms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medication capable of causing the evacuation of parasitic intestinal worms
c 1720, vermi- + -fuge, from Latin vermis ("worm") + fugere ("to cause to flee") (Wiktionary)