from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless crystalline compound, C4H10N2, used as a hardener for epoxy resins, an antihistamine, and an anthelmintic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saturated heterocyclic compound, C4H10N2, containing two nitrogen atoms in a six-membered ring; it is used as an anthelmintic.
- n. Any derivative of this compound
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A crystalline substance, (C2H4NH)2, formed by action of ammonia on ethylene bromide, by reduction of pyrazine, etc. It is a strong base, and is used as a remedy for gout.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A deliquescent crystalline base, (C2H4)2(NH2)2 or diethyl-enediamine, which is made by the action of alcoholic ammonia on ethylene chlorid, and in other ways. It melts at 104° C. It is a valuable solvent for uric acid and is used in medicine for that purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. vermifuge used to treat infestations by roundworms or pinworms
piper(ine) + az(o)- + -ine2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
After German Piperazin, from piper(idine) + azine. (Wiktionary)