from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of symbolizing; the use of symbols to represent things, or the investing of things with a symbolic meaning
- n. The unconscious mental representation of one thing by another
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of symbolizing; symbolical representation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of symbolizing; symbolic significance. Also spelled symbolisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something visible that by association or convention represents something else that is invisible
- n. the practice of investing things with symbolic meaning
- n. the use of symbols to convey meaning
Sorry, no etymologies found.