from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Reckless mischief.
- n. Extreme cruelty; wickedness.
- n. Evil magic; witchcraft.
- n. An act of mischief, cruelty, or witchcraft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. devilry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Diabolical conduct; malignant mischief; devilry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Diabolical action; malicious mischief; devilry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wicked and cruel behavior
- n. reckless or malicious behavior that causes discomfort or annoyance in others
Alteration (influenced by such words as gallantry) of devilry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Variant spelling of devilry, influenced by gallantry. (Wiktionary)