from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A state of agitation or irritation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A temper; a lack of patience; a bad mood.
- n. A U.S. unit of volume for liquor equal to 2 jiggers, 3 U.S. fluid ounces, or 88.7 milliliters.
- n. A beer chaser commonly served in three-ounce servings in highball or juice glasses with a Bloody Mary cocktail in the upper midwest states of United States including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of agitated irritation
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)