from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being intemperate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being intemperate; excessive indulgence of any appetite or passion.
- n. Severity of weather; inclemency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being intemperate; want of moderation; excessive indulgence: as, the intemperateness of appetite or passion.
- n. Disturbance of atmospheric conditions; excess of heat or cold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. consumption of alcoholic drinks
- n. excess in action and immoderate indulgence of bodily appetites, especially in passion or indulgence
intemperate + -ness (Wiktionary)