from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Advocacy of the revision of an accepted, usually long-standing view, theory, or doctrine, especially a revision of historical events and movements.
- n. A recurrent tendency within the Communist movement to revise Marxist theory in such a way as to provide justification for a retreat from the revolutionary to the reformist position.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the advocacy of a revision of some accepted theory, doctrine or a view of historical events
- n. an evolutionary form of Marxism, abandoning some of its original principles
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a moderate evolutionary form of Marxism
- n. any dangerous departure from the teachings of Marx
revision + -ism (Wiktionary)