from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the geographic distribution of organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the geographical distribution of living things
- n. The geographical distribution of a particular living thing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The branch of biology which deals with the geographical distribution of animals and plants. It includes both zoögeography and phytogeography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of biology which treats of the geographical distribution of living things; geographical biology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dealing with the geographical distribution of animals and plants
bio- + geography (Wiktionary)