from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flowering rose shrub.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The shrub that roses grow on, a rose plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bush or shrub which bears roses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shrub which bears roses, commonly of a bushy habit.
- n. In Australia, a small tree of the anona family, Eupomatia laurina, yielding a soft, coarse-grained, yellowish-brown wood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of many shrubs of the genus Rosa that bear roses
Sorry, no etymologies found.