from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Campanuloideae — the harebells and related plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A large genus of plants bearing bell-shaped flowers, often of great beauty; -- also called bellflower.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of plants, which gives its name to the natural order Campanulaceæ; the bell-flower genus.
- n. [lowercase] A chasuble: so called from its conical shape when put about the body.
- n. [lowercase] In zoology and anatomy, some campanulate or bell-shaped part or organ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Campanula having blue or white bell-shaped flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.