from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various herbs of the genus Campanula, native chiefly to the Northern Hemisphere and often having showy, bell-shaped, violet or blue flowers.
- n. Any of several other plants, especially one with bell-shaped flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common name for flowering plants in any of the genera Campanula, Campanulastrum, Codonopsis, or Platycodon.
- n. A flower of one of these plants, which is shaped like a bell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant of the genus Campanula; -- so named from its bell-shaped flowers.
- n. A kind of apple. The yellow bellflower is a large, yellow winter apple.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Campanula having blue or white bell-shaped flowers
bell + flower (Wiktionary)