from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various climbing vines, especially a Mediterranean honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) having yellowish flowers.
- n. See Virginia creeper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several unrelated climbing vines, especially the honeysuckle and the Virginia creeper
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A climbing plant having flowers of great fragrance (Lonicera Periclymenum); the honeysuckle.
- n. The Virginia creeper. See Virginia creeper, under Virginia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common European honeysuckle, Lonicera Periclymenum, whence the name is more or less ex tended to other honeysuckles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common North American vine with compound leaves and bluish-black berrylike fruit
- n. European twining honeysuckle with fragrant red and yellow-white flowers
Middle English wodebinde, from Old English wudubinde : wudu, wood + binde, wreath (from bindan, to bind; see bhendh- in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)