from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several bulbous Eurasian plants of the genus Galanthus, having solitary, nodding white flowers that bloom in early spring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the 20 species of the genus Galanthus of the Amaryllidaceae, bulbous flowering plants, bearing a solitary, pendulous, white, bell-shaped flower that appears at the end of winter.
- v. To steal clothing (especially women's underwear) from a clothesline.
- v. To drop food aid across a wide area from an aircraft.
- v. to transfer semen from mouth to mouth while kissing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bulbous plant (Galanthus nivalis) bearing white flowers, which often appear while the snow is on the ground. It is cultivated in gardens for its beauty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A low herb. Galanthus nivalis, a very early wild flower of European woods, often cultivated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common anemone of eastern North America with solitary pink-tinged white flowers
From snow + drop. (Wiktionary)