from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Veronica, having opposite leaves and clusters of small, usually blue flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant of genus Veronica.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any plant of the genus Veronica, mostly low herbs with pale blue corollas, which quickly fall off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Veronica, especially V. Chamædrys, an herb with creeping and ascending stems, and racemes of bright-blue flowers, whence it has received in Great Britain such fanciful names as angel's-eyes, bird's-eye, god's-eye, and eyebright. Also called germander-speedwell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Veronica
speed + well (Wiktionary)