from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being obese; increased body weight caused by excessive accumulation of fat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being obese due to an excess of body fat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being obese; excessive body weight; incumbrance of flesh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The condition or quality of being obese or corpulent; corpulency; polysarcia adiposa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. more than average fatness
From French obésité, from Latin obēsitās, from Latin obēsus ("fat"). (Wiktionary)