American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition of being excessively fat; obesity.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Bulkiness or largeness of body; fullness of form, usually due to great fatness; fleshiness; portliness.
- n. Density or solidity of matter; body.
- n. The state or characteristic of being corpulent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the property of excessive fatness
- Latin corpulentia. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, corporality, from Latin corpulentia, corpulence, from corpulentus, corpulent, from corpus, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Lo, if she walk in the West, so cumbrous her corpulence is The”
“Of great concern is that this corpulence has definitively been linked to the youthful onset of diabetes and hypertension, and to strokes and heart attacks in middle age.”
“Low-slung pants too tight above exposed midsections create an impression of corpulence for all but the anorexic woman.”
“Haynesworth will "have plenty of chances to drop the quarterback," and also have "plenty of chances to stop being the NFL's running joke for corpulence and bad attitude.”
“The ever-expanding corporate CEO corpulence, like any unrestrained overgrowth, is lethal, and corporations and their CEOs, who rake in the dough, even after running the companies they head into the ground, are well on their way to killing their host.”
“The entry claimed that in the past alchemists had said dew was capable of dissolving gold and had some virtue in correcting any disposition to corpulence.”
“It is an art of the body, of corpulence and skinniness, flatulence and dropsy, of comic priggishness and irrepressible lust.”
“Reflection is a harebrained handmaid of the day-to-day corpulence”
“From out of her corpulence, rose an effulgent girl in purple, spinning and spinning with brown hair.”
“He regarded ‘the chief cause of corpulence as a diet with starchy and farinaceous elements’ which he said ‘was no less fattening when conveyed in drinks, such as beer’.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘corpulence’.
List of most of the words I've learned
Words related to largeness.
These words are FUN.
Looking for tweets for corpulence.