from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being excessively fat; obesity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being corpulent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Excessive fatness; fleshiness; obesity.
- n. Thickness; density; compactness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Bulkiness or largeness of body; fullness of form, usually due to great fatness; fleshiness; portliness.
- n. Density or solidity of matter; body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of excessive fatness
Middle English, corporality, from Latin corpulentia, corpulence, from corpulentus, corpulent, from corpus, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin corpulentia. (Wiktionary)