from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the calcaneus (heel bone).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the calcaneum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, relating to the calcaneum or heel-bone: as, calcaneal arteries, ligaments, etc.
- In ornithology, of or pertaining to the back upper part of the tarsometatarsus (tarsus of ordinary language) of a bird, where there is often a tuberosity regarded by some ornithologists as a calcaneum, and so named by them: as, a calcaneal tubercle; calcaneal tuberosity. See cut under tarsometatarsus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the heel bone or heel
Sorry, no etymologies found.