from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being plump; stoutness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plumpness, stoutness, especially when voluptuous.
- adj. Plump, chubby, buxom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Plumpness of person; -- said especially of persons somewhat corpulent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Exaggerated plumpness; rotundity of figure; stoutness: a euphemism for fatness or fleshiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bodily property of being well rounded
- adj. sufficiently fat so as to have a pleasing fullness of figure
French, from en bon point, in good condition : en, in (from Latin in; see in-2) + bon, good (from Old French; see boon2) + point, situation, condition; see point.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French embonpoint. (Wiktionary)