Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being fat, plump, or full-fed; fullness of flesh; corpulency.
- n. Unctuousness; sliminess: applied to earth; hence, richness; fertility; fruitfulness.
- n. Grossness; sensuality.
- n. The state of being fat
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being fat, plump, or full-fed; corpulency; fullness of flesh.
- n. Hence; Richness; fertility; fruitfulness.
- n. That which makes fat or fertile.
- n. excess bodily weight
- From Middle English, from Old English fǣtnes ("fatness, the richest part of anything"), equivalent to fat + -ness. (Wiktionary)
“Their souls shall delight themselves in fatness, that is, in the riches and most grateful delights.”
“Our finding that increased body fatness is associated with the earlier onset of puberty provides additional evidence that growing rates of obesity among children in this country may be contributing to the trend of early maturation in girls," said Dr. Joyce Lee, the lead author.”
“How many vauntful attributes are there not in fatness, and how well saith the poet,”
“All of the discourse about fatness is about pathologizing the individual," she said in an interview, also likening it to the eugenics movement.”
“Canada spends far too much time obsessing over "fatness" - that is, on trying to slim down the obese (24 per cent of Canadians) and the merely overweight (37 per cent).”
“Eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. | clusterflock etc.”
“Eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.”
“… Hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.”
“Of course there are people for whom compulsive overeating is the source of their fatness, which is as serious a psychological issue as compulsive undereating, despite our cultural failure to regard it thus.”
“So I guess the writer personally observed 22 million children to determine that their fatness is the result of "bad eating habits" -- and indeed, that they're actually fat, as opposed to just growing children whose BMI ranking could change substantially in two weeks' time?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fatness’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
From the novel by Stella Gibbons
Looking for tweets for fatness.