American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of western Florida on the Gulf of Mexico northwest of St. Petersburg. It is a resort and processing center in a citrus-growing area. Population: 73,800.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music, slow: noting a passage to be rendered in slow tempo and broad, dignified style.
- n. A movement intended to be performed in such tempo and style.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Mus.) Slow or slowly; -- more so than
adagio; next in slowness to grave, which is also weighty and solemn.
- n. (music) a composition or passage that is to be performed in a slow and dignified manner
- adv. slowly and broadly
- adj. very slow in tempo and broad in manner
“MARY GRAY BLACK, LARGO CITY COMMISSIONER: I support the removal of the city manager from office because I find it to be in the best interest of the residents of our City of Largo to do so.”
“MARY GRAY BLACK, LARGO COMMISSIONER: I support the removal of the city manager from office, because I find it to be in the best interests of the residents of our city of Largo to do so.”
“LARGO, Md. - Prince George's County Fire Department officials say three cars, including a police cruiser, have crashed near the intersection of Landover Road at Lottsford Road in Largo.”
“LARGO, FL - Robert Laurier Roy, 58, of Largo, Florida, passed away peacefully at home May 7, 2009.”
“LARGO - Lindsey Maddox of Largo, daughter of Larry Maddox of Loxahatchee, and Vicki and Pat Robb of Stuart, is engaged to Nicholes Lentz of Palm Desert, Calif.”
“Back to the days when Bob Ehrlich vetoed decent things like increasing the minimum wage, O'Malley said at a picnic in Largo for former Obama volunteers.”
“On Monday, A Poet and A Profit will offer a free screening of the movie Waiting for "Superman," in Largo, MD at the Magic Johnson AMC theaters.”
“On Sept. 28, the Prince George's hazmat team had to evacuate Prince George's Community College in Largo when an excavator hit a four-inch high-pressure transmission pipe.”
“Valpak, based in Largo, Fla., plans to provide Google with nightly updates to expand the supply of coupons from a list of neighborhood merchants that will include pizzerias, auto shops, dry cleaners and handymen.”
“Captain Largo, who had driven down from his Shiprock office to attend a conference on the drunk-driving problem, entered the discussion.”
Looking for tweets for Largo.