from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Florida on the Gulf of Mexico northwest of St. Petersburg. It is a resort and processing center in a citrus-growing area. Population: 73,800.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Slow or slowly; -- more so than
adagio; next in slowness to grave, which is also weighty and solemn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music, slow: noting a passage to be rendered in slow tempo and broad, dignified style.
- n. A movement intended to be performed in such tempo and style.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) a composition or passage that is to be performed in a slow and dignified manner
- adv. slowly and broadly
- adj. very slow in tempo and broad in manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.