from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of forge.
- n. A component that is forged (shaped by heating and hammering).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of shaping metal by hammering or pressing.
- n. The act of counterfeiting.
- n. A piece of forged work in metal; -- a general name for a piece of hammered iron or steel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of forged work in metal: a general name for pieces of hammered iron or steel.
- n. A defect in a horse's gait consisting in striking the heel of the front shoe with the toe of the hind shoe, which produces a clicking sound. It is not considered so serious a fault as overreaching or grabbing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shaping metal by heating and hammering
Sorry, no etymologies found.