from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of adorning.
- n. Something that beautifies or adorns; an ornament: "Japanese food is on the whole superb, one of the adornments of the culture” ( James Fallows).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A decoration; that which adorns.
- n. The act of decorating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An adorning; an ornament; a decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An adorning; that which adorns; ornament.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of decorating yourself with something colorful and interesting
- n. a decoration of color or interest that is added to relieve plainness
Sorry, no etymologies found.