from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or concerning the face: facial cosmetics; facial hair.
- n. A treatment for the face, usually consisting of a massage and the application of cosmetic creams.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or affecting the face.
- n. a personal care beauty treatment which involves cleansing and moisturizing of the human face.
- n. A foul play which involves one player hitting another in the face.
- n. A sex act of male ejaculation onto another person's face.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the face.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the face: as, facial expression: an epithet specifically applied in anatomy to many structures which compose this part of the head: as, a facial artery, bone, muscle, nerve, vein, etc.
- Pertaining to some part of an animal like or called the face; specifically, in entomology, pertaining to the front of the head, or to the part distinguished as the face in the various orders.
- Common, a short trunk, formed by the union of the anterior facial and anterior division of temporomaxillary to empty into the jugular at the level of the hyoid bone.
- Deep, a vein passing from the pterygoid plexus to empty into the anterior facial below the malar bone. Also called anterior internal maxillary vein.
- Posterior, the temporomaxillary vein.
- Transverse, one of two veins passing over the surface of the masseter muscle to empty into the common temporal vein. See basifacial, craniofacial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to the outside surface of an object
- n. care for the face that usually involves cleansing and massage and the application of cosmetic creams
- n. cranial nerve that supplies facial muscles
- adj. of or concerning the face
Sorry, no etymologies found.