from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being unpleasant.
- n. An unpleasant experience or situation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being unpleasant or disagreeable.
- n. An unpleasant behaviour, occurrence, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being unpleasant; disagree-ableness. A slight disagreement or falling out; a petty quarrel; an unimportant misunderstanding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of giving displeasure
- n. the feeling caused by disagreeable stimuli; one pole of a continuum of states of feeling
From unpleasant + -ness. (Wiktionary)