from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cancellation of an item in account books.
- n. The amount canceled or lost.
- n. Accounting A reduction or depreciation of the entered value of an item.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cancellation of an item; the amount cancelled or lost
- n. Something that is now worthless (such as a car after an accident)
- v. Nonstandard spelling of write off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (accounting) reduction in the book value of an asset
- n. the act of cancelling from an account a bad debt or a worthless asset
Sorry, no etymologies found.