from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is in a leading position in a race or other competition: the front-runner for the presidential nomination.
- n. A competitor who performs best when in the lead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of front runner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a competitor thought to be most likely to win.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a competitor thought likely to win
Sorry, no etymologies found.