from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Preferred or liked above all others (unless qualified.)
- n. A person who enjoys special regard or favour.
- n. A person who is preferred or trusted above all others.
- n. A contestant or competitor thought most likely to win.
- v. Alternative form of favour.
- v. To bookmark.
- v. To add to one's list of favourites on a website that allows users to compile such lists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something regarded with special favor or liking
- n. a competitor thought likely to win
- adj. appealing to the general public
- adj. preferred above all others and treated with partiality
- n. a special loved one
Sorry, no etymologies found.