from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lord having power or supremacy over other lords.
- n. One in a position of supremacy or domination over others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ruler of other rulers.
- n. Anyone with overarching power or authority in a given domain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is lord over another or others; a superior lord; a master.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is lord over another; a feudal superior; a master; specifically, in reference to early English history, a king of one of the Anglo-Saxon realms who enjoyed a preëminence or authority over certain other kings or chiefs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who has general authority over others
over- + lord (Wiktionary)