from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being an heir.
- n. Right to inheritance; heirdom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The status of being heir to something or someone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state, character, or privileges of an heir; right of inheriting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or rights of an heir; right of inheriting.
heir + -ship (Wiktionary)