from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of mash.
- n. The action of soaking malted barley etc., in order to convert starch into sugars as part of the brewing process.
- n. Preparing tea (in a teapot)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A beating or pounding into a mass; a crushing.
- n. In brewing, the process of infusing the crushed malt in warm water, to extract the saccharine matter from it and convert the starch into dextrine and sugar.
- n. The quantity of malt and warm water so mixed.
- n. In geology, the granulation of a rock in dynamic metamorphism.
Sorry, no etymologies found.