from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of triturating.
- n. The composing of a dental amalgam by mortar and pestle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of triturating; grinding to a fine powder
- n. something triturated, especially dental amalgam
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of triturating, or reducing to a fine or impalpable powder by grinding, rubbing, bruising, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of triturating, or reducing to a fine powder by grinding. Trituration is a dry process, and thus distinguished from levigation.
- n. In pharmacy, a finely comminuted powder: as, a trituration of elateriu.
- n. In physiology, reduction to pulp by grinding between the teeth; molar mastication, or some corresponding process: as, the trituration of food before swallowing; trituration in the gizzard of a bird is assisted by little pebbles swallowed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.