from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pound.
- n. An act in which something or someone is pounded
- adj. Causing heavy or loud throbs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of beating, bruising, or breaking up; a beating.
- n. A pounded or pulverized substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In coining, the process of testing repeatedly the weight of a given number of blanks punched from a sheet of gold or silver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart)
- n. the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows)
- n. repeated heavy blows
Sorry, no etymologies found.