from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One whose chief interest is in the past.
- n. an adherent of preterism; one who believes that the Biblical prophecies of the Apocalypse refer to historical events which have already taken place
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose chief interest is in the past; one who regards the past with most pleasure or favor.
- n. One who believes the prophecies of the Apocalypse to have been already fulfilled.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose chief interest is in the past; one who has regard principally to the past.
- n. In theology, one who believes that the prophecies of the Apocalypse have already been nearly or entirely fulfilled.
- Relating to the preterists or their views.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) have already been fulfilled
From preter- + -ist. (Wiktionary)