from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending or having the power to evoke.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that evokes (brings to mind) a memory, mood or image; redolent or reminiscent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Calling forth; serving to evoke; developing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending or fitted to evoke or call forth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to bring to mind
From Latin ēvocātīvus ("pertaining to summoning") (Wiktionary)