from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing a pleasing succession of sounds; tuneful.
- adj. Agreeable to hear: a melodious voice; the melodious song of a bird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a pleasant melody or sound; tuneful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing, or producing, melody; musical; agreeable to the ear by a sweet succession of sounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or characterized by melody; musical; agreeable to the ear; characterized by a pleasant succession of sounds.
- Producing agreeable, especially musical, sounds.
- Synonyms Tuneful, sweet, dulcet. See euphony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a musical sound; especially a pleasing tune
- adj. containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody
Sorry, no etymologies found.