from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to verse that is intended to be sung, especially Greek lyric verse of the seventh to fifth century B.C.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various grasses, of the genus Melica, from north temperate regions
- adj. Of or pertaining to Greek lyric verse
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Of or pertaining to song; lyric; tuneful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to song; intended to be sung: applied especially to the more elaborate form of Greek lyric poetry, as distinguished from iambic and elegiac poetry.
- n. A plant of the genus Melica.
Greek melikos, from melos, song.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)