from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a colour similar to blue
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bluish.
- n. A bushman's blanket; -- named from its color.
- n. A bushman's bundle; a swag; -- so called because a blanket is sometimes used as the outside covering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat blue; bluish.
- n. An Australian bushman's blanket: so called from the color.
- n. The material of which the blanket called a bluey is made.
- n. The bundle wrapped up in a bluey, carried by a bush-man when he sets out on a tramp.
- n. A rough shirt or blouse made of bluey, worn over the coat in the wilderness of western Tasmania.
blue + -y (Wiktionary)