from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having a personality disorder marked by extreme shyness, flat affect, reclusiveness, discomfort with others, and an inability to form close relationships.
- adj. Of, relating to, or suggestive of schizophrenia. No longer in scientific use.
- adj. Informal Relating to or characterized by the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic elements: "This schizoid town is part resort, part sardine cannery” ( Jean Anderson).
- n. A schizoid person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. characterized by social withdrawal and flat affect
- adj. schizophrenic
- n. someone with Schizoid Personality Disorder
- n. someone with schizophrenia
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of schizophrenia
- n. characterized by symptoms similar to but less severe than schizophrenia
- adj. marked by withdrawal and inability to form close relationships
Sorry, no etymologies found.