from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the amnion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the amnion; characterized by an amnion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- [As Amniota + -ic; = French amniotique.]
- Pertaining to the amnion; contained in the amnion: as, the amniotic fluid.
- Possessing an amnion; belonging to the Amnionata, as a mammal, bird, or reptile. See Amnionata.
- Also amnic.
- In botany, the embryo-sac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion
Sorry, no etymologies found.