from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Intermediate in flow properties between solids and liquids; highly viscous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having properties intermediate between liquids and solids
- n. Any substance with properties intermediate between those of a solid and a liquid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Imperfectly fluid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fluid, but excessively viscous.
- n. An excessively viscous fluid.
semi- + fluid (Wiktionary)