from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Intermediate in properties, especially in rigidity, between solids and liquids.
- n. A semisolid substance, such as a stiff dough or firm gelatin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having properties that partially resemble those of a solid; having properties between those of a solid and those of a liquid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Partially solid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A surface composed of facets, like a geometrical solid, but not closing so as to inclose space.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. partly solid; having a rigidity and viscosity intermediate between a solid and a liquid
From semi- + solid. (Wiktionary)