from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to protoplasm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the first formation of living bodies.
- adj. Of or pertaining to protoplasm; consisting of, or resembling, protoplasm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- First-formed, as a constituent of organized beings; primitive or primordial, as a cause or result of organization; of or pertaining in any way to protoplasm: as, a protoplasmic substance; a protoplasmic process; a protoplasmic theory.
- Consisting of, formed or derived from, or containing protoplasm; bioplasmic; sarcodous.
- Resembling protoplasm in chemical composition or in vital activities; protoplastic; plastic; germinative or formative.
Sorry, no etymologies found.