American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A mineral enclosed within another mineral, such as rutile or tourmaline in quartz.
- n. An individual characterized by relative prominence of the abdomen and other soft body parts developed from the embryonic endodermal layer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mineralogy, a mineral inclosed in a crystal of another mineral. Thus there are found in quartz crystals a great variety of minerals, as rutile, tremolite, tourmalin, hematite, etc.
- n. A mineral, especially a crystal, enclosed within another
- n. A person of the endomorphic physical type characterised by big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs and a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. Endomorphs usually struggle to control their weight although it may simply mean more determination is needed for an endomorph to lose as much weight as a mesomorph.
- n. bodybuilding : Theoretical body type with slow metabolism in which weight is gained easily, but fat levels are hard to reduce. Endomorphic bodybuilders tend to be the most massive.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) A crystal of one species inclosed within one of another, as one of rutile inclosed in quartz.
- n. a heavy person with a soft and rounded body
- (physical type): Derived from endoderm + -morph from William Herbert Sheldon. (Wiktionary)
- endo(derm) + -morph. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I suppose that the real body profile of female roadies is too scary for adds being they are either of two - mine - flat chest, thin with overly large thighs and chunks of muscle or muscle bound legs under several layers of insulation, endomorph.”
“He felt his endomorph physique took too much of a beating, though, so he gave up running for swimming and now competes in masters swim events.”
“Cheryl is an angry white whale in the same proud tradition as her predecessor, morbidly obese endomorph and noted free-thinker, Kenneth Tomlinson, whose hog-bristled jowls - wholly owned and operated by Rove Inc. - are so fond a memory amongst public broadcasters.”
“Me, I'm an endomorph, possessed of a soft and thick body that looks as if it was stuffed to order at Build-A-Bear, not sculpted at an L.A. sports club.”
“Every so often on the East Side of Manhattan you will see an endomorph.”
“MOOS: From Judas to Dr. Evil, McClellan, despite his nice guy reputation, is being labeled, "a weasel turned whistleblower," "a stuttering endomorph" -- endomorph being someone with a round, soft body.”
“Do you think he favored ectomorphs for “fun,” but for marriage and having children he would have gone for a mesomorph, or even an endomorph?”
“Cro-Magnon cult culture defense mechanism delusion demography developmental psychology double standard of sexual behavior dowry ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph ego egocentric egomania egotism empathy empty nest encounter group”
“Ecclesiastes eclipse ecological niche ecology economic indicators economics ecosystem ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph”
“If you're an endomorph, large boned with a high percentage of body fat and a slow metabolism, you gain weight easily.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘endomorph’.
My big word list.
Discombobulating the illiterate since the middle of the last century.
having, denoting, or relating to a specified form or character
I need to learn and/or go over these words someday.
Looking for tweets for endomorph.