from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of plait.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Folded; doubled over; braided; figuratively, involved; intricate; artful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Folded; made in or with, or marked by, folds or flattened flutings; pleated: as, a shirt with a plaited bosom.
- In botany and zoology, folded lengthwise like the plaits of a closed fan; fluted.
- Wrinkled; contracted; knitted.
- Braided; interwoven: as, plaited hair.
- Tangled; intricate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.