from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of bristles; bristly: a setaceous moth.
- adj. Resembling bristles or a bristle: setaceous whiskers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or resembling a bristle or bristles; bristly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Set with, or consisting of, bristles; bristly.
- adj. Bristelike in form or texture
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoology:
- Bristly; setiform; having the character of a seta, chæta, or bristle.
- Bristling; setiferous or setigerous; setose; provided with bristles or stiff, stout hairs.
- In botany, bristle-shaped; having the character of setæ: as, a setaceous leaf or leaflet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.
set(a) + -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)