American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Resembling milk in color or consistency: milky glass.
- adj. Filled with, consisting of, or yielding milk or a fluid resembling milk: a milky kernel of corn.
- adj. Meek; timid.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing, consisting of, or resembling milk: as, a milky fluid; a milky color.
- Yielding milk.
- Full of milt or spawn, as oysters: a trade use.
- Soft; mild; timorous; effeminate.
- adj. Resembling milk in color/colour or consistency.
- adj. informal Of the black in an image, appearing as dark grey/gray rather than black.
- adj. colloquial Cowardly. Possibly coined by Graham Greene in the novel Brighton Rock (1938).
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Consisting of, or containing, milk.
- adj. Like, or somewhat like, milk; whitish and turbid
- adj. Yielding milk.
- adj. Mild; tame; spiritless.
- adj. resembling milk in color not clear
- milk + -y (Wiktionary)
“It's the word milky, she says it, 'mill-key', really strings it out.”
“They were literally chocolate bars (about triple the size of regular Hershey bars) filled with a thin milky-type cream.”
“Yellow rose some called her milky coffee skin obsidian eyes she could sing, Lord and dance a slave, some said”
“Both of his eyes were coated with a thin milky film, not unlike cataracts, and yet in the center, where the pupils would be certainly invisible, were twin red spots, from which blossomed a profusion of angered capillaries.”
“What is that white belt we call the milky way, which spans the heavens and sparkles like a Sahara of diamonds?”
“A low jar of opaque rose-pink, lost at the bottom in milky whiteness, is refreshing with an old-fashioned”
“I for one will be hiding under my bed when this happens. on 11/22/2009, -0/+4are you calling the milky way a solar system?”
“04:12 PM on 01/17/2012 Your reminder of the too often unseen suggested you might -- when in Australia -- experience in the outback, without any lights, 360 degrees, the amazing display of our galaxy, what we call the "milky way.”
“To restore the texture --- to make the drink "milky" --- they must add stuff, usually powdered milk.”
“Every mother’s milk is poisoned – dioxin – milky toxin – seeping out of all women in the world from West Baltimore to Shanghai,”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘milky’.
how milk is used
Words made of the following: yuiopghjklbnm. I've stood on the shoulders of giants... users mollusque and reesetee made similar lists before I even existed on Wordnik. :)
just names of colors
Descriptors to use at your next wine-tasting
Adjectives used in actual (non-taxonomic) bird names, past and present.
A complement to Chromonyms and Chromonyms 2, which are restricted to nouns that have appeared in at least one dictionary. If a word can be either a noun or an adjective, I list it as a noun. This l...
The sound of my name spoken by your lips... I need a word for that.
Only the best.
Looking for tweets for milky.